Make MS Windows XP Home think that it is XP ProfessionalPosted: May 5, 2011
To make MS Windows XP Home think that it is Windows XP Professional, follow procedure below:
- Run Registry Editor (regedit).
- Optional but recommended : Make a backup of your registry!
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet00X/Control/ProductOptions, where ControlSet00X is the one with the highest number.
- Delete the “ProductSuite” registry key.
- Create a new DWORD value and named it “Brand”.
- Set the “Brand” value data to be 0 (it actually is so by default).
- Reboot the system.
- On boot up after the BIOS screen, press F8 to display Windows XP Startup Menu.
- Choose Last Known Good Configuration (LNG) and hit Enter.
Windows XP will start up as usual. After logging into the desktop, check the system properties to verify that it’s now Windows XP Professional.